The time was 5pm, and we were on board a bus back to school from the SBC ( Singapore basketball centre).

The whole bus was silent. I was sitting alone right up at the first seat, practically sobbing my eyes off. In fact, judging from the total silence, i dont think i'm the only one doing that.

The boys from the bball team were being very sensible, there's hardly any sound from them.


Our match with MI had ended.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldnt sleep the previous night! This match is so important to us, if we were to win this one and the next one, we could get to the second round.

All of us were excused from lessons at 11 (YEA!) since the bus was due to arrive at 11.30. Apparently, everyone was nervous. I tried to boost their confidence by asking, "So where are we going to celebrate after this?" See? I was so sure we were going to win, because we just HAVE to win.



We arrived the place at around 12 plus, and watched the guys play. Boys basketball matches are always more exciting than the Girls. Pace of the game is much faster plus more stunts etc.



Then we went to change into our jerseys =) It was too revealing for me (the side of my sports bra is just...exposed!!), but i couldnt do much about it.



First, 2nd and 3rd quarter of the game, we were leading, not by alot though.
Then we went into the last quarter, dont know what went wrong but they started catching up, still not very enough to lead us, but we made more mistakes too.. Finally, the time stopped. The score was 18-18. Tied.

So the game was extended for 5 more minutes. 3 mins into the game, which was already very crucial and everyone was so tensed up we fumbled with the ball, dribbled and let the ball slipped off and such, I twisted my ankle and fall down. I tried to get up but couldnt. Team-mates came and surrounded me, and this is the part i so dislike. But nvm. Fast forward >>>>>

The last second ticked by, and we lost by 3 points. I was sitting on the bench and staring at that huge timer opposite the court. 00:00. End.

Seeing how hard everyone had given their best, it was difficult to keep myself from bursting into tears. We went and shaked hands with the other team and walked back to the bus.

I noticed the uneasy silence as soon as i got on the bus. As the pain was getting more intense, i just took the first seat, and buried my face in my towel.

It was the longest bus ride of my life. *so drama*


But after that i found out that the bus uncle actually took the wrong route so... yea.




Signing off,
Jo

0 comments:

Design by Blogger Templates