UGH

Okay, Ellyn has been bugging me to post, and I finally got it.
I know what to post about!

Get this, MY PARENTS.
These few days, I am beginningly starting to feel more and more stifled by them. They do not allow this, do not allow that. And I'm starting to think, "Hello, I'm growing up, you needn't control me so much anymore."
Take for example, the China Exchange Programme which I signed up to be in. Before I got through all the interview rounds and everything, they were supportive, and told me that it would be a great learning experience and everything. But, oh no, once the time comes to put in a deposit, they're all suddenly, "You haven't been doing housework, how can we allow you to go for the China trip?!"
I have to come up with a proposal, at which I will torture myself daily, doing housework. Quite a number have already been rejected, and finally, after they have approved of one, they tell me, "Maybe you shouldn't go. I don't think our money may be able to stretch that far."
LIKE WTH OMG KILL ME FAINT DROP DEAD ON THE SPOT I CAN'T STAND THIS OMG 98754%^&*()*&^%$#%^&*()_(*&^%$#%^&*()
Another good example, I have been chosen to take part in this Poetry Slam competition, which is a really good learning experience too. And there is a workshop at which to prepare myself for the competition. But, "oh no, Priscilla, you shouldn't be attending this, it's a waste of time and money. Will this actually benefit you in the terms of your studies?"
Sometimes, I really can't stand it. I know, respect your parents blahblah, but seriously, at times, they really really make me irritated/annoyed/unhappy. They keep harping on studies, studies, studies! I wish they would slacken their hold on me. I don't even have the guts to tell them that I'm going out, or whatever, in fear of them stopping me. They tell me everything will be fine with God looking after us, but from how I see it, nothing is happening, and my father is just ugh argh bleaugh splat.
My parents seem to be holding me back all the time, scolding me here and there, and there is nothing I can say or do that will make them change their minds. I do want to do well in my studies, and will make the effort to, but with my parents breathing down my neck all the time, and with them restricting me here and there, I think I've reached my limit.
SHIT WTH I CAN'T STAND IT.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey relax (: it's okay de lar xD my mum is like that too D: and yea, i hate it too (: but we just have to bear with it. ( AND YES, I JUST HATE IT D:)

and sometimes, it's really pathetic lar. cos they just dun understand that we're growing up and all that shit. they just like, wadever. yea? my mum -.- !@#@!$@!$##@%#!$@# !!! she seldom let me go out D: seriously.

so, dun worry girl ! (: i have the same feeling as u ! yea, share it with me (:

cheer up and be happy ! (: although it's hard to but just try. like me eh?

(and at least u have parents. i have my mum only. that means one parent less understanding me !!! D:)

love,
ELLYN.

Anonymous said...

OMG NEVERMIND YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT A FATHER. LOOK AT MINE, OMG FAINT.
It's like wth, you say this and then that and then this and that and this and that, you're just wasting my time talking to you huhhhhh! UGH OMG MUST RELAX.

Anonymous said...

HAHA. MY MUM IS LIKE !@!$%$#%$#^@!#!#@ !! u dunnid to talk to u. AND MY GOSH. she treats me and my siblings SO DIFFERENTLY. nuggets!!!! rawrs. she's like..wadever !! RAWRS.

Anonymous said...

my parents favour my older and younger sister. dear priscilla, as they say, aiya nevermind one. pffft. i feel so sad :( i hate being scolded or whatever, cause I DIDN'T DO HOUSEWORKKKKK. WTH

Anonymous said...

ME TOO. OMGGGGGGG !! RAWRS. aiya! it's the same de luh.
just hate it D: *@$#%#%***!#**#!*$*****$!#* !! LOL

Unknown said...

haiz...
understand how u feel....
haiz...
Pleasing ur parents hav nv been a easy job
apart from the generation gap thingy
(where they also tink bringing us up is such a chore)
Most of the time its cause a lack of understanding
my relation wif my parents hasent been exactly v good over the recent years (esp my mum)

As a child we should try get over our they-dont-understand-me-at-all thing
do stuff that can show them in the face that they are wrong abt you... Prove that u r mature and capable (most parents only look at the pragmatic stuff like results and still results... Like mine)
even sit down have a chat and sort things out

I wonder y I'm saying this but guess its cos I'm going thru simillar stuff
haha hope can help
no point holding a grudge against your own parents
aft all they are e ones closest to u

Bleah... Haha
>,<

Z said...

well, all the middle children of the world, unite?

i stay alone without my parents and i kinda miss the warmth sometimes. albeit i get the freedom you people dream about.

what can i say? yes they seem to really need to face the facts that you're much more mature already, but, it takes time for them to see you as someone other than their little girl. i took my time to prove my maturity and i guess it paid off. you can try.

but then again. housework? whoa. that's beyond me. aha.

chicken soup for the angsty teenage soul?

Philip. =]

Anonymous said...

hmmmm... let's put it this way. hard as it may seem they are your parents, and no matter what you still have to obey them. but just remember they still love you, no matter what, and deep down, you love them too (:

Unknown said...

yup yup

Take the 1st step and that them by surprise

Parents are the kind that going against them will not do u any good at all

Make an effort to bridge the relationship

>,<

Anonymous said...

oh yes,
i tried but too bad D: my sister tried also but uber too bad xD and once we look at my oldest bro. let me tell u, i !@#@!$#!@#$@! !!! rawrs. he gets all the freedom he wants ! LOL.

im just lame. anyway, my mum would go girls and boys are different.. blarblarblar.. YAR RIGHT -.-

Unknown said...

what my parents told me was that
since I'm so sick of them nagging and stuff
I should work to gain my freedom
dat I should mug now
and go overseas for uni...
so I can b free from dem...
haiz...

>,<

Z said...

i agree that boys and girls are different. parents often feel that girls need more guidance and structure because girls tend to lose out if they ever walk any wrong path. i mean, that's the normal mindset.

and i agree that girls tend to lose out if they ever walk any wrong path. but it's a tricky issue, freedom.

and it's definitely worse if there is preferential treatment.

i can only say, work with your parent(s) about it. work, not just talk or discuss.

i get almost all the freedom i want. but it's very easy to abuse the freedom you get so don't think it's a good thing. it's best to be a good steward with whatever little freedom you now have first. like doing your housework and homework which you are required to do conscientiously.

in my elitist opinion freedom should only be granted to those who have self-discipline. but then again. that's a tad too draconian. aha.

and it helps a lot if your parents know that you are in good company; if your parents know that your cell leader and cell group mates are wonderful fantastic people who are of good influence to their bao3 bei4 nv3 er2.

cluster parents' appreciation day, anyone?

Philip. =D

Anonymous said...

WE POOR KIDS OF THE WORLD.

Anonymous said...

THE MOST PATHETIC ONES D:

*i think pris and i share the same life or something like that xD)

Anonymous said...

yes let's cry together.

Anonymous said...

girls are better than guys, btw.

Z said...

um. the chivalrous side of me agrees with you that it is very wonderful to be born a woman. but then again it is also wonderfully blessed to be tasked with the responsibility to protect and defend the fairer sex.

Philip. =D

Anonymous said...

Quote - "but then again it is also wonderfully blessed to be tasked with the responsibility to protect and defend the fairer sex."
HAHA who do you want to protect! (:

Z said...

who? she who is to be my wife in the future, whose identity may or may not be known to me at this moment in time but soon will be when the time is ripe.

but aiya. ladies in general. i think guys should stand up for girls/ladies when they are being unfairly treated against or insulted for the femininity or treated in a very ungentlemanly manner.

Philip. =]

Z said...

go read this. aha. http://worshipwarriors.wordpress.com/2008/04/14/purely-hypothetical-02-philip/#comment-276

Philip. =D

Anonymous said...

OH MY MAMA! PRIS, UR POST TOP HIT ;D LOL

Pris said...

coolio. philip is trying to woo girls. haha see that post, it is hilarious!

Design by Blogger Templates