Yesterday, we had a match with Serangoon JC.


For some reasons unknown to even ourselves, all of us were feeling very unsettled and nervous hours before this match. Some told me they were not in their tip-top condition, 1 of them were having a diarrhoea and some others flu and cough, which is not very encouraging to hear, and this only added on to my own anxiety. There would be lesser players who are fit to play. Including me =(


I sprained my ankle (the old old injury which has already healed once this old man rubbed it for me when i went to Indonesia last year) on Wedesday during training. And my coach had stopped me from joining in the rest of the training. It happened when i was defending one of my teammates and i didnt land on my feet properly, and i just sat there, unable to get up. Almost instantly, i was surrounded by my teammates. This, somehow, shocked me. I was surprised to see their concern for me. Ok, so i know if anyone of them were injured, all of us would do the same thing. But i just dont see it happening to me. So for me to see them almost all over me OVERWHELMED me.


I started telling them to back off. Haa. It was pretty heartless of me. Touched? Totally. But spare me the attention. I just feel uncomfortable with people all over me. VERY uncomfortable.


And they, knowing that i'm hungry (i didnt eat 'cos had to rush a report which is to be handed in that day), bought me food to eat. So there i was, eating, sitting on the floor with my feet propped up on my bag with ice around my ankle, watching them. I'll tell you its a total bliss. =)


So the same thing repeated itself yesterday during the match. Minus the food and the bag.


I was VERY surprised when coach asked me to "sub" one of my mates out. After a few quarters, i was breathless. Probably due to the aftereffects of the pineapple tarts from the New Year and the lack of running, but its the first time i'm still panting heavily even after a time-out ends. I asked to let someone replace me.


According to coach, i was "playing very well" that day. 当然, 我心里是暗暗地高兴, but still i asked to sit out first. My ankle is starting to throb with pain. I didnt tell him that so he demanded that i play.


Halfway through, i ended up sitting in the middle of the court in the middle of the match, repeating history itself.


My lovely teammates were around me in no time. This time, plus the SRJC players too. Very paiseh. They helped me back to sit down and put ice all over my ankle.



Finally, the match ended and it started to rain. I had to limp back to find some shelter. It was raining and i was still halfway through the court. My mates were with me. Though i knew i looked like a total wreck with me wet from the rain and sweat (from the stares i received, there were still many people around because the match were held concurrently with 2 other bball matches. SRJC boys with the boys from our school), i didnt care.


My friends were being very supportive and insisted on holding on to me. Coach even helped to taped my leg with those masking tapes for injuries. He said my feet were very smelly (HAHA), his exact words "打完球脚一定会臭得吗". So funny..

Well, i felt very... warm and a fuzzy kind of feeling from their concern. I love them so much!! =) Thank God for them.



Signing off,
Jo

0 comments:

Design by Blogger Templates