CHINESE NEW YEAR



HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR, GUYS! I've been wanting to blog but its just so busy at school this few days. Been bombarded with assignments, tests and the likes.

I've always look forward to Chinese New Year, well, part of the reasons are the hongbaos and the sumptuous food, but i guess what i really look forward to is the time i spent with my family and my extended family.

Almost a tradition, we would go to my father's godparents' house for reunion dinner every new year's eve. Dont ask me why it had to be there since we didnt sound very related to each other. It's just like THAT. And i have no problems with it since the food 爷爷 and 奶奶 ( that's what we call my father's godparents by) prepared is wonderful, more like mouth-watering. Joined by their children and grandchildren, we have never once feel unwelcomed, they treat us as one of them =)

After the dinner, we would head to JB to spend the next few days at our paternal grandma's house. I ALWAYS enjoyed my stay with them. My three cousins, my brothers and i would play together like we were still little kids. There is also fireworks at night! And alot of them too *beaming* Yes, its pretty much illegal in Malaysia, but the people dont really care. And its not everyday you get to see fireworks right? I guess, in Singapore, the only few chances of seeing them would be accompanied with fighting with the dense crowd at Esplanade for a glimpse of that firework, which only last for a few minutes, and then, competing with the people for space on MRT trains to go home afterwards.
Nothing can beat the ones we saw in JB. Thought its not as fanciful and attractive, the fireworks are just above our house, its like, just crane your necks a little out of the window and you can see the action. What's more, no crowds, no squeezy transportation. I can come back into the house for a sip of water or grab a bite and go back out again and not worry that it would end. Someone in the area would start a new round of fireworks again. ( I'm not bragging, its really that convenient.)

The following day, we would be joined by more uncles and aunts, adding on to the very joyous atmosphere. Whenever, the adults crowd around for a chit-chat session, i would leave the children and try to stick around. To just listen, or maybe laugh along with them. You know, we seldom gather like that except for such occasions. And, my cousins in JB would somehow or rather, give birth to a little one, almost every year. Amazing isnt it? I already lost count of how many little nieces and nephews i have. I think there will be more next year. Haa.

Then...much as i would like to stay, i cant. The time comes for us to leave. I still have many unfinished homework leh! Did i mention i brought some assignments to do, just in case i happen to be free, when its quite impossible 'cause i HAVE TO play with my cousins, nieces and nephews and talk to my relatives who i missed seeing for so long?

Thank God i managed to complete them. And still have fun. =)


Though my hongbao harvest this year is pretty disappointing. Is it the inflation or what? OR the U.S economy? HUH?
-
Signing off,
Jo

0 comments:

Design by Blogger Templates