Give God the credit

Eyes fixed on the teacher, appearing to be extremely attentive with the ocassional nods and responses. While both my hands were under the table hitting the buttons on my phone. Then, i would look down,sometimes for a bit too long, engrossed in my game. As if suddenly being reminded of something, my head bolted up...to see the look of disapproval on the teacher's face. Oops. Think she realised i'm not listening.

As soon as GP lesson ends, i tried to get out of the class as soon as possible. Somehow i have this gut feeling that she would call me. But it was impossible to be fast as my notes and worksheets were too untidyly spread across the table. Just as I was just about to zip up my bag and run out the already near-empty classroom, i heard her say, "Joanne, come over here." I stopped short and, walked to her desk, automatically. Is she going to take my phone?

"Joanne ah, what's happening?" was her first question.

I'm like, how do i answer her question, so i kept quiet.

"Your AQ is not very well done." AQ over here means application question, it is1 of the questions from the comprehension exercise, and usually carries a heavy weightage of marks. I only passed once during last year's promos. Just ONCE.

But still, my phone is safe.

"The starting paragraph is good but slowly there are gaps in between the points and..." As she go on, i realised it was nothing about me being inattentive at all. It turns out that she just wanted to, erm, compliment my effort in doing that piece of work. I was very surprised. And of course, happy la. Ever since i failed my GP tests last year, i have lost confident in ever doing well or even improving. See, the problem is i always run out of things to write and then i start throwing in crap and stuff. Its just so hard for me to do well in the subject.

"...and i think you've improved. I was thinking who is this person writing quite well then surprised that it was you, and If reading benefits you, continue to read." Her compliment that day greatly boosted my confidence level. Though, i really dislike this teacher and i know that she dont expect much out of me, her encouragement really helps.

Throughout the whole day, i was over the moon. Very happy with MYSELF, with MY OWN performance, MY OWN efforts, me me me. This kind of thing doesnt happen to me all the time you know =)

But, where is God in the context?

Everytime i study and met with extreme difficulties in trying to understand and apply new theories in exercises, i would pray or maybe read some verses of the Bible. And it helps. I mean, suddenly i would be "enlightened" and understand alot of stuff, as if, God's intelligence is flowing into me.

I know what i have today is given by God, so i should give him the glory! He played such an important role in my life, giving thanks is the least i can do. And i definitely wouldnt have made it through my past year without Him helping me! =)

Signing off,
Jo

0 comments:

Design by Blogger Templates