Basketball & Me

And so the end of our match with NYJC marks the end of our "A" Div tournament.

A week before the match on Monday, my ankle was still swollen, but i am determined to play. This time i really want to play. I really wouldnt want to regret that i did not give my best for this match years after when i look back.

So in the hope that my ankle would heal miraculously by Monday, i started praying and even fasting so that, you know, God would heal it. Because he is the only one capable of doing that. I really believe that i could actually get up to play on Monday.

But not everything happened as i had hoped.

On Sunday, i messaged my coach and asked him what i could do about my ankle, as it was feeling really "loose", like any sudden jerk would detach my ankle bone from my feet. "Nothing." was his prompt reply. He went on to say that its not worth it to risk worsening the injury for such a match.

!!!!!

I asked further what he meant and that i only want to prepare myself even if i ended up warming the bench. He said he wouldnt put a player who is less than 90% fit to play. At that moment, i felt like someone had slapped me in the face, like the hint wasnt clear enough already! Annoyed and very upset i was.

On monday, i still brought along my bball shoes. Maybe, there might still be some chance..

It turned out that i get to sit and watch my team mates play for the whole thing. I watched them lost. Throughout the game, i kept glancing at my coach's direction, hoping that he would look my way and get me in. But no. As the game turned into the 4th quarter, i was practically DYING to play.

And it was like that, the timer went into the last second, we proceed to shake our hands with the other very happy team, thanked the coach and the referee, and went out the stadium for our debrief.

Actually, there really was nothing much to say. We had lost. The last match is over. And from that day onwards, we need not go for training anymore. Truth be told, i felt quite pai seh for him. He had been coaching us for a year plus plus and there's not much of a victory from the team. A bunch of losers, huh? The team knew well that many people in school are mocking us behind our back, look down on us, and always very eager to find out how much we lose or how great is the score difference after each match we played.

Needless to say, i was bombarded by my classmates with questions about the results the minute i stepped into class the following day. WHAT'S THEIR PROBLEM?!

Oh, we took some pictures in the stadium's toilet that day too. NAH, we would never stay sad for long =)


I'm no.9! ^.^

Signing off,
Jo

0 comments:

Design by Blogger Templates