(A true warrior) Inside & Out

Arise warriors arise!

A four-year-old boy was finally put into time-out after battling with his mother. "Sit in that chair until the timer goes off," the mother said in frustration. The boy sat down, fearing greater punishment, but said, "Okay, Mommy. I'm sitting on the outside, but I'm standing up on the inside!"

Last weekend wasn't fantastic. Had a misunderstand that lead to much frustration & anguish. Half of me was battling to do the right thing, the other part of me offered nice little excuses & reasons not to. Put it simply I felt lousy & defeated. Yucky yucks feeling.

After a while of self pity & guilt I woke up one morning with this sudden thought that popped in my head. "You're a warrior. Warriors fight, warriors emerge victorious."

Woah woah woah. It's pretty amazing. As suddenly as it came I suddenly realized that though I was a warrior on the outside (My church's theme for 2007 is everyone of us are warriors of light) but really inside of me I wasn't one.

Well whimpy warrior no more. And my favourite female warrior is non other than Hua Mu Lan! Yeah! Arise warriors arise! THIS IS THE YEAR OF VICTORY! *Cynthia

0 comments:

Design by Blogger Templates